I combine my 20+ years of educational experience with training in mindfulness, yoga, areas of mental health, and multisensory math to provide children and teens with the tools needed for academic success.
I use multiple approaches to working with students knowing that they are most successful when provided with alternative ways of learning.
Sessions with me involve:
- Academic support for Math through a multisensory approach (based on Orton Gillingham Techniques as recommended by the NCTM)
- Active learning approach to Language Arts, and ESL
- Executive Function Coaching to include facilitating learning and development of organizational, time management, and study skills
- Teaching specific skills to address anxiety as related to school work
- Teaching mindfulness, breathing, and yoga skills to increase focus, a calm mind, and resilience when working through challenges
- Frequent movement breaks and practice in chunking work
Upon your request, I am happy to collaborate with your child’s classroom teacher and other specialists.